Tuesday 30 March 2010

First attempt at a security model for ADMIRAL

As we are offering to safeguard real users' research data, I thought we should attempt "due diligence" that we were doing so in a reasonable fashion.  To this end, I have been working on a security model for the ADMIRAL data stores.

This is new territory for me, and I'm fairly sure there are many things that I have overlooked, failed to properly think through, or just got plain wrong.  But, like all the ADMIRAL working documents, it's public and open to review, which in this case I would eagerly welcome.

The security model is documented at http://imageweb.zoo.ox.ac.uk/wiki/index.php/ADMIRAL_LSDS_security_model.

I fully expect to have to revisit this over the course of the project, as requirements are developed and concerns are identified.  I hope that by starting now with an imperfect model, we'll have plenty of time to clean it up and make it fit for purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment